There’s no denying how wildly popular MAC lipsticks are, and rightfully so. They have a wide selection of shades, the formula is great, and at $17.50 they’re relatively affordable. Whenever anyone asks for a lipstick recommendation, I almost always suggest MAC. Here is a list of my top favorite MAC lipsticks (and lip pencils).
1. Creme Cup | Let’s start with, hands down, my all-time favorite MAC lipstick. Creme Cup. Creme Cupis a neutral pink with a pearl finish. It’s more of a blue-pink which I usually stay away from, but it is unbelievably flattering. It’s the perfect natural wash of pink.
2. Pink Plaid | Staying in the pink family, Pink Plaid is also a cool pink, but with more pigmentation. It’s great for days that I want a slightly bolder pink lip. It’s a matte fashion lip color, but I would define it as more of a semi-matte.
3. Whirl | Before Kylie Jenner launched her own lip kits, the lipstick combo she wore all the time was MAC Whirl paired with MAC Soar lip liner. You can feel how you want about the Jenners and Kardashians, but they know their lipstick. Kylie Jenner aside, Whirl is a warm rosy brown with a semi-matte finish. I never thought I would gravitate to brown lipstick, but the shade is so flattering. I love pairing it with the Soar or Whirl lip pencils.
4. Really Me | When I want to wear a warmer pink shade, I always reach for Really Me. It’s a pretty neutral, mauve pink. It’s another one of those shades I think would be flattering on most people.
5. Velvet Teddy | Can you tell I love nudes? Velvet Teddy is a creamy beige with a gorgeous sheen to it. Unlike other nude shades that I’ve tried, it doesn’t leave that dry patchy look. It’s the perfect everyday color.