If you've been lucky enough to have fall weather, I envy you. I'm dreaming of apple picking, scarves, and warm apple cider. That being said since it's been high 80's here I created a twist on the classic spiked hot cider. This recipe doesn't envolve making your own spiced cider, but if your feeling Martha Stewert like go right ahead and make your own!
These are crazy easy to make. I used a mixture of cinnamon and sugar for rimming the glasses… soooooo good! And if you want to get all fancy, garnish with an apple slice, star anise and cinnamon stick stick would be good, also!
WHAT YOU NEED
2. Ice Cube Tray's
1. Trader Joe's Spiced Cider
3. Pumpkin Pie Spice ( I used the Trader Joes version but any will do)
4. 1 Honey Crisp Apple
5. Star Anise
6. Cinnamon Sticks
1. Pour spiced apple cider into 2 ice cube tray's but in freezer until frozen.
2. After ice cubes are finished. Mix together pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar on a small
plate. Rub apple slice arounf the rim of the glass and dip into mixure to coat rim.
3. Add a shots worth of rum (more if you want), 5 cider ice cubes, a dash of water, and a
few shakes of pumpkin pie spice into a blender and blend.
4. Once fully blended pour into glasses and garnich with an apple slice, star anise, and